Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Making good use of time off...

Most of you know that I had minor surgery yesterday that will put me out of work for the next week. Yesterday I did hardly anything but recover, but today I spent three hours shaping, polishing, perfecting and writing my first composition on the piano. It's fun to play it from start to finish, even though I can't quite play it perfectly yet. It reflects my emotions, including my frustrations, but also tremendous amounts of joy. 

To me, it represents what can happen when I take things one brick at a time. I still listen to that Will Smith motivational video where he opens with advising listeners not to set out to build a wall, but rather to lay one brick perfectly. Watching this piece come together day after day is more rewarding each time I sit down to play. It doesn't take long to take stock of a selection of notes and play them out, even with the volume real low so only I can hear it.

Do you have an art that you've been neglecting because you "still have time" to start building your dream?

Someone told me a joke the other night that I found almost too cute to have a practical application, but...*coughs it up reluctantly* There are three frogs on a log. Two of them decide to jump off. How many frogs are left on the log? How many of you picked 1 as your answer? How many picked 3? 3 frogs remain on the log, because two of them merely decided to jump off, and if they're like many of us, they probably haven't moved a muscle.

Stop deciding and start doing. Remember, no amount of effort in the Universe goes unnoticed by the forces that matter. Your life will get better once you decide to *ribbit, croak*TAKE THE LEAP! 

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment