Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

"...that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

"...and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

I remember reading this in the Book of Mormon before straying from the Church of Latter Day Saints. When someone reminded me of it tonight, I did a double take. 

In lay, people who wish to achieve great things often look at the big picture and lose faith.  Will Smith stated "the task is never huge to me. It's always that one brick...you say 'I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid'...and soon you have a wall."

I have noticed that taking the attitude of attracting readers one post at a time is more satisfying than aiming to be outlandishly famous the moment I push 'publish,' because attracting readers one post at a time is realistic. I started with six followers. Now I have 20. 

Would I prefer 20M?

Honestly, yes.

My goal is to reach as many people as possible while using this blog an outlet for my spiritual stress among other things.

But setting a realistic goal and actually achieving it is 20M times more satisfying than gazing longingly at a number I may not ever reach.

This blog is a significant part of who I am as a person. I know what my capabilities are with respect to writing. I had a tenth grade reading level by the time I was eight. Words are comfortable for me, and I use them well.

Using them to help people employs my intellectual capacity and my connection to the spiritual frequency along which I travel. Small and simple steps brought to realization provide me with the motivation I need to keep going. Those small and simple steps are worth many times the satisfaction I feel when I check my numbers and notice that 21 people have laid eyes upon a post.

Because every time I sit down to write a post, I know for a fact that I've earned every single follower, and I can lay claim to having done so with a sense of humility, gratitude, and elation."...that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

If you have a dream, a vision for your life, and you haven't started living it yet, take the first step, a very small one, and see how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment