Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

My box is already working...

I have to update because I half expected my box to work before I had even finished it, and already, my relationship with my daughter is more constructive, and I have a million times more patience with her.

The box is now complete except for a design I want to make on the lid, though I may go to Home Depot and get shims and lay them out atop each other to make it look like shingles.

To start, I took a shoebox from Payless and lined the bottom with pennies. Every penny in the box is heads up. I remember when I was a kid I used to put Elmers glue on my fingers just so I could peel it off when it was try. I did that once last night but it didn't come out so good. I'll have to try it again tonight!

Once the pennies were secure I took down the pictures I'd hung up on my wall over my light switch, pictures from adult coloring books I had colored in. These, plus a flier from Ocean State Job Lot (I had gone there to pick up ice skates for Olivia and came out instead with three awesome toys for under $20), became the sides and bottom of the box.

Then I lined the inside of the box with construction paper and taped a piece of construction paper to the lid of the box--I like the sound of construction paper for some reason. I haven't used it in years! I'm glad I didn't have to struggle with the lid because I did struggle in some other areas trying to make my wish box look good.

It's not really a wish box because wishes are based on hope. It's not really a God box because some people don't like the word God.

For now, it's my Intention Box until I'm struck by a better name for it.

At this point I would like to stress the importance of really feeling the process and adding personal touches or using only sentimental items (you could line the bottom with a swath of clothing you just couldn't bring yourself to get rid of) to complete your box. This is because anything that you use for energy work needs to get to know you, even inanimate objects, like crystals. The more personal an object is to you, the stronger your connection will be, and along with that connection will come power in the quantum field.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment