Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

What's in a day? (Part 1 in the series)

I've wanted to address this issue for a few days now, but the inspiration and opportunity come on 'Indian time.' That's a crude reference (not mine) to Native Americans believing that things happen when they need to. When they were coralled into reservations, they were promised food in exchange. The joke was that the food was delivered on Indian time, and many Native Americans starved to death, a final cruel blow.

I bring up the issue of time because it completes the spiritual triad through which we can observe events...events passed, time, and the quantum field (the potential for things to come). So here's a little science broken down for the lay reader:

Today is the only day to which we have access, and thank God!

Many individuals like to add up the amount of time they have without a cigarette or without a drink or a drug. They look toward the future at how stressful the task of staying abstinent will be, and they relapse. That's the reason I relapsed last time. I was accumulating time and losing my chance to take a drink without disappointing anyone.

The reality is that within a day, we are protected, shielded on both ends by dream, which severs our energy field. So there really is only ever one day with which we need to concern ourselves.

Today, I want freedom from the disease of alcoholism, and I have it because I've accepted it. Today, I'll raise my daughter to the best of my ability. Today, I'll be the best person that I can be, and I will make a sincere effort to help others.

Yesterday is gone. What happens next is up to us.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment