Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I haven't been pushing myself hard enough...

I discovered last night that I was capable of lifting more weight than I thought, but only because I started doing upper body reps with a forty 40 pound bag of sugar in the second aisle and got people going. The D-Aspartic acid I'm taking is obviously working because if I'm not doing something physical, I'm losing my mind, anymore, and the guys have always made jokes about who could lift more.

Anyway, I went to go lift a 40 pound bag of flour and one of my colleagues suggested I take the other 40 pound bag of flour in addition to it so I wouldn't have to come back. So I deadlifted 80 pounds of flour and carried it 20 feet (likely my max because I just barely made it) and stocked it.

I'm proud of myself...really proud of myself, actually. I just remembered something my boss told me: (paraphrasing) "You never know what you're capable of untul you push yourself to do something more than you think you can do reasonably."

Then I figured if I could carry 80 pounds for 20 feet then maybe I could carry something at about half that weight for say...60? So I stacked two boxes of oil atop each other and carried the 57 pounds of cholesterol for 60 feet dound the aisle to the oil section. I repeated this process for a few more heavy stacks over the next aisle or so, and decided not to go to the gym on the way home, because part of getting stronger is learing to respect your body, and last night, my body was tired, but emotionally I was completely fulfilled.

It boggles the mind that I've been working in a freaking warehouse for eight months and didn't consider using it as an arena for my physical aspirations, but that's okay, because I'm doing it now.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment