Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I got my business cards today!

They came out great! I was bummed out when I clicked on the tracking number to find that their arrival date had been moved to Wednesday night, so I called the post office. The first time I called, they couldn't find it because it hadn't been processed. The next time I called started a mad rush to the post office with a very confused little girl in the back seat. I was giddy!

Right now I have two in my wallet and I never want more than that with me. I want to be excited when a business card goes out. I don't want to run up to someone on the street and hand it off to them and watch them walk away doubting they'll ever type the address into their computer. Each rejection would serve only to punch another hole in my hope tank. Rather, I want to make sure that every business card that goes out brings in another reader, and hopefully another one by word of mouth!

Should I have waited for the postman to deliver them tomorrow? Probably, but I'll leave that for you to decide. I'm leaning toward a yes. I'm going to put this post on my patience page to remind myself that the decision was up for debate and that had I stepped back for a moment and distracted myself with some light exercise or something, I could have resisted.

Writing this post, though, even hours later, I am in glee!

See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment