Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Training day 4, showing gratitude, resisting ego

As has been the trend, I am once again being tested directly on what I suggested for training. When I was at the store earlier this morning I started telling the cashier how amazing I was. I didnt realize this until I got home. Also, my dad said I would hate his shoulder surgery because of all the extra work I would need to do around the house, and I have been on a mission to prove him wrong, challenging him to give me things that I would not enjoy doing and going out of my way to do extra things. This is ego. The absence of ego, which I am beginning to experience as the day goes on, is inherently humility, and only when we are humble can we show gratitude.

Since I have been aiming for high marks and missing I feel as though I need to bring something else into my training regimen for this week, so I'm including an additional 24-hour phone fast (save a commitment I made to someone) for this week only. I think I am slated for another 24-hour phone fast tomorrow so it will be two days before I speak with most of you again. I will, however, return to post an update on my spiritual stress, and the physical and mental stress I will have accumulated by subjecting myself to social isolation.

In certain sobriety groups I have attended, social isolation is thought to be a bad thing, but this is a deliberate and controlled attempt to engage my spiritual muscles, not to avoid reality.

I don't know why but I'm suddenly compelled to include a caveat at the end of this post. When I get gut feelings, I listen to them.

Stay open minded.

See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment