Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Training has gone well so far today...

I was at the sobriety meeting this morning for 40 minutes. In that time I avoided the temptation to smoke, and though the food was late, I also managed to avoid eating, so I'll take the win.

Also, I broke up my piano practicing time into intervals but I did get about 20 minutes in, so I'll take the extra point for another win.

What remains is 20 minutes of solitary reflection.

I didn't have anything slated for training for work tonight until about a minute ago, but I'm also going to avoid speaking unless spoken to or unless I have a work related concern. Of course, I'm excluding standard and early shift greetings from tonight's session because walking in early and not saying anything to anybody would just be weird, and if my training makes other people uncomfortable, it's not practical.

I was somewhat disappointed in my having only gone 40 minutes without eating or smoking today and then bailing. I took a win but a small one. One of my problems has always been sitting still, so the next time I have the chance to go to a sobriety meeting, my challenge will be to stay the entire time, all 90 minutes, and if I don't, I won't be able to count it as a win.

As of right now I don't know when that will be, probably sometime in the next week, however. I will report tomorrow on tonight's progress.

Daddy duty! :)

Be well, all!  

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment