Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

2 nights, 2 wins, and a more focused module

I give myself a 95/100 for my training last night, resulting in my second win in the last two days! It feels amazing to have finally generated some spiritual momentum and to have been afforded a deeper sense of clarity and perspective on my life.

I discovered that one of the reasons the training module I set up wasn't working was because it was way too broad. The focus of this blog is to show how expending less energy on a more focused causal link results in higher productivity. I started out with a training module that implied that I was ready to carry virtues with me throughout the entire day.

This was a mistake.

Rather, if I start out with applying more focused training to my life right now, and in much shorter intervals, I will eventually be able to do it consistently without a second thought.

It's important to note that I believe in infinite advancement of the human spirit. This means that every ounce of effort that I put into my training now is a more refined touch-tone to bigger and better things, more difficult challenges, still higher productivity, more balance, and deeper perspective.

I had myself slated for patience with others and 10 minutes of solitary reflection today. I intend to reflect for 20 minutes in the basement when I arrive home from work tonight, this time without a notebook (it's easy to avoid freaking out about being alone when you're distracted, right?).

Patience with others is too broad a value for me yet, so I've decided to replace that with a sobriety meeting where I will not eat or use tobacco (part of the problem for ex smokers in these types of meetings is the plume of smoke at the door on their way in to scramble madly for the bologna and cheese and brownies and chips they always have).

In the event that I can't get away from the house today, I'll replace the meeting with 20 minutes on the keyboard. I swear, music opens up parts of the brain you never even knew were there.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment