Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Three acts of kindness in less than an hour...

Being present for all of them was amazing.

Act 1

I was in a cafe next to the grocery store with my daughter today, and I watched a woman walk out with a full iced coffee and drop it onto the mat. The reaction from the crowd in the crowded little cubicle of a cafe was similar to that which you might hear after a golfer completely flubs his stroke. I offered twice to buy her another before they gave her another one for free.

Act 2

I was in the checkout line at the grocery store with a number of items, including a small case of four energy drinks, which I managed to drop on the ground in the transition from the carriage onto the rolling register. The cashier offered me a new case.

Act 3

As I was driving out of the parking lot after having thanked God for the Red Bull I was drinking at the moment, I saw a woman head toward her car, her hand over a quiet yawn. I offered her a Red Bull and gave her my first business card. I told her it was free and about accomplishing more by doing less.

Her energies were soft and cautious, but she was curious as to why this strange man had offered such a thing. She noted Olivia in the back seat and asked me where my wife was. I proceeded to tell her that I was a single father. I don't know what that had to do with anything but it seemed really important to her so I entertained it.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment because I thought it was really cool how the third act of kindness might have resulted in another reader (special number three), and I feel like the series of them have set the tone for how I want to live my life from here on out.

I want to see people's eyes come alive with gratitude.  

See you on Facebook! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment