Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

What are my political views?

...I had a conversation with someone the other day who had a shit fit that I've elected not to vote in the upcoming elections.

One of our most valued rights as a society is to vote for a president who isn't elected based on the popular vote, and on the state level, I prefer to leave it up to the Powers that Be to decide what passes and what doesn't, regardless of what I think.

I consider myself small...egomaniacal and likely deservant of more than I give myself credit for, but small nonetheless. Surely, people are curious as to whom I would vote for if I chose to cast a vote, but I won't go as far as to risk splitting this blog down the middle to lay my claim to a say in the matter,

This blog is extremely important to me, and it's extremely important to some of my followers. Others could take it or leave it, I'm sure, but I believe that those who do read it are touched on whatever level they need to be that day.

At the very least, I hope to write a single post in my lifetime that resonates with somebody somewhere.

I recently posted a quote by Dan Millman to Facebook: "The next message you need is right where you are," and maybe I posted it because that was my message for the day.

I don't know who is reading this blog and who isn't. I just see numbers.

Whoever you are, and whoever may be curious as to my political views, the outcomes of the state and presidential elections this year will not change the way I see the world, and the ways in which I present that perception to you.

Only time can do that.

See you on Facebook and Tumblr! starliper.corey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment